Thursday, January 21, 2010

Kathy Gives Her Own Update

Dear Family and Friends:

I just sent out my annual letter to many of you that live far away and now I have my latest health update.

I had my oncology appt. today where I would learn the results of my latest CT scan taken last week. For some reason, I was really nervous about this appt. I asked Ray to go with me eventhough he is extremely busy at work. I tried to be calm, but my blood pressure and pulse were both a bit higher than normal......

Anyway, all my worries were for nothing. All is well. The scans showed that my cancer is still in check---no growth. I was so relieved!

Furthermore, I am having a sinus procedure done on Feb. 3rd and my oncologist says I am doing well enough that she recommends I take a few extra weeks off of my chemo until after the sinus thing is done. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! I can't even tell you how excited this makes me. My hands and feet will get two extra weeks to feel better before going back on the meds.

Don't get me wrong....I am grateful for the chemotherapy. I am alive and functioning (though dealing with some side-effects). I am very grateful for modern medicine and that my life is being prolonged with a decent quality to it. It is nice, though, to get a break every once in awhile so my body can heal a bit.

Thank you for all of your love and concern. I am at peace with all that is happening in my life. That is a good thing.

Love, Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment