Thursday, November 5, 2009

Two Passings

My mother passed away on Monday, October 26th. She had been going downhill for some time and could no longer swallow without the food or drink going into her lungs. She was taken to the hospital on October 18th and after a few days we were told what the outcome was going to be and the choices to be made. Mom refused to be fed thru a tube and so tough decisions were made to let her slip away. She came home on Friday and passed away on Monday. She went peacefully and quietly surrounded by friends and family.

The funeral was held October 31st and was attended by many friends and family. Dad, Rosanne and husband Chris and Kathy and I went to Utah for the burial. She was buried on November 3rd next to my brother James who passed away in 1963 due to injuries from a motorcycle accident.

We got home last night and this morning when I came to work the first email I received informed me that one of my closest lifelong friends (and the inspiration behind these blogs), Mark Forsyth, was killed in a car accident last night. The shock and the pain is still pretty intense and I'm not able to focus too much on my work. I loved the guy. He was one of the most caring people I know and a great friend. He and I had both settled in the San Franciso Bay Area after college and even worked for the same company for a couple years. Having him near by was great even though we didn't get together as often as I wish.

We had recently talked and he had told me how much I had meant to him and the example I had set. Funny, I thought it was the other way around. Mark got me started on gospel study and mission preparation. I have often thought of those High School years and the great friend he was to me. I will miss him. My heart goes out to Liz and their family.

2 comments:

  1. Mark is my uncle and I'm going to miss him so much too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your losses. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Give Aunt Kathy a big hug from me.
    Love,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete