Tuesday, June 23, 2009

All Good So Some Family Stuff

Kathy had her chemo today and our daughter-in-law Kathryn went with her. It is the quick version today since she doesn't have the Avastin every time. They were done by 11:00.

Kathy is doing well with the treatments and is just mostly tired. I can tell that I am getting much more comfortable with the whole thing again because I haven't asked about her white blood count for more than a month. Is that because there is no reason to worry or that I just am too comfortable. I don't know.

A friend of ours in the ward, Kimberly Cope, also has breast cancer and is going thru chemo for the first time. Actually, she has had her last treatment. She got really sick after every chemo and after her last time she ended up in the hospital with an infection. Any infection during chemo is very dangerous. She was in the hospital for four days.

It is things like that that keep me pondering. It doesn't take much. But I dwell too much on the negative.

The bike trip is coming along nicely. We have 22 -24 people going and it should be a fun group. I think most are going to be ready for the ride. Some more excited than others but whatever.

David and Kathryn are pretty settled into our home for a little bit. I think it is going well but what do I know, I'm just the Dad. David will start working for a medical translation company. THey will send him to various hospitals around the area when Russian interpretation is needed. We aren't sure how many hours he will be working but it is something. Maybe he can get some translation work on the side. The FBI thing is going very slowly.

Mike is getting ready to go to BYU-Idaho in September. All registered for his classes and stuff. He is the first of our family to go there so it is all new to us. I think he is getting more excited or resolved to going there. I think he will like everything but the weather.

Well, that is all from me. Kathy says she still loves me so life is still good.

No comments:

Post a Comment