Monday, April 13, 2009

So Good It Worries Me

Things have been going so good with the chemo that it worries me. How long can this keep up? Even with her blood count down (at least it seems down to me) she breezed thru this latest infusion without feeling too bad or slowing her down. In fact, she even invited guests over for a few days (Friday and Saturday).

If it had been me I would have wanted to stay away from everyone to make sure I didn't get sick on this critical time. Not Kathy, she doesn't want anything to slow her down. We had guests over and then she prepared a lesson for Relief Society and stood and taught her lesson with about 30 women in the room. If it had been me...........lets face it, she makes us all look kinda whimpy.

This week there is no chemo. She will have time to get the blood count back up before the next infusion of poison (aka chemo) on the 21st. I believe the plan is for her to get a second chemical added to the mixture. I don't know what that chemical is or what side effects it might have. We will just keep hoping and praying.

The handicap accessible shower in the downstairs bathroom is complete. It looks really nice with the tile we picked out and stuff. We got clear glass shower doors so we can continually admire our tiled shower. Oh yes, we are that materialistic. I think it will work to be able to push a small wheelchair into the shower and have it usable. Hopefully not necessary but we want to be prepared.

2 comments:

  1. Great news, hope we get a lot more reports like this. See you in May

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's our Kathy...she always makes the rest of us look whimpy! Keep it up, Kathy; I want lots of years of looking whimpy next to you!!

    ReplyDelete